Monday, November 2, 2009

SEOUL - reflections

Today feels like the first real day of fall here. It's 0ºC on my igoogle weather icon, a temperature I haven't seen since Helsinki, and I am wearing my favorite wool green coat. The leaves are still beautiful and I cheesily put a few in my sketchbook for safe keeping. James and I went to lunch at our favorite mandu place (dumplings) and walked around Sinchon talking about our abroad experiences, what it will feel like to be home, etc. You cannot beat how amazing traveling is, but the feeling of home is something I will appreciate so much when I can live in the same apartment for a year without having to pack up again. With only a few weeks more here, I am scrambling to make sure I do all I want to do before leaving (along w/ studio work), but know I will be ready to head "home".

There are things here I will not miss, like meat flavored cheetos:And there are things here I will miss, like Tmoney cards and all that comes with them - easy transportation everywhere in this entire huge city without me having to ever get into a car, much less drive one.No picture for the Art Store, but it is pretty much heaven here. I see materials I needed for every project I've done through school but never could find in the states. Why Why Why! WashU bookstore, please get all these wacky materials so I can buy them if, by chance, I need them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Meat flavored Cheetos? Ick.

    The Tmoney card and the transportation around the city sounds like a dream. I want that. And a large art store, because those are always SO much fun to wander around at all hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meat flavored Cheetos = definitely uncool... especially when you buy them and don't realize what they are.

    T money cards = coolest invention ever. Ohh I miss amazing public transport. (you can see a them happening in my posts... I miss a lot of Korean things, hah)

    ReplyDelete