*Although, them being in Denver doesn't change the fact that my resident status is quite confusing, too. Andy and I didn't really know how to answer this summer when visiting Sante Fe:
Gallery owner, tourist center guy, gas station attendant, everyone we met there, actually: Where are you from?
Me: Ummm, well I am from Memphis but my parents are trying to move to Denver and I lived in Finland last spring, but then I moved to San Diego for the summer; I am moving to South Korea right now and I am in graduate school in St Louis, Missouri . . . Does that make sense?
Anyway, Why else am I excited that BOTH my parents (and sister) are moving to Denver on October 9th?
1. Cousins Reunion: Devin (above), Cameron, Whitney, me (left to right) in Cape Cod, MA a few years ago; Devin and Cameron's parents (Don & Lucy Armour) also live in Denver. Lucy is my mom's sister, making her my aunt. We haven't had a Christmas together in a long time and I am soooo looking forward to this! Devin and Cam are the most hilarious people I know, always keeping me laughing. . . . not to mention they are both very hard-working and smart and I can't wait to catch up more on their lives!
2. Best friend reunion: Sarah & Marc Gompert also live in Denver. Sarah was my first friend in Murray freshman year and we went to Hawai'i together, where she met Marc. I can't wait to go to Hamburger Mary's and celebrate during the holidays. :) I miss you!
Ok, well just a post to explain my excitement. I am still "enjoying the moment" here in South Korea, but also looking forward to the holidays! :)
(me, Mom, Aunt Lucy at Red Rocks last summer)

Yay! That's awesome! I'm guessing she sold the house!? You better still come see me and your Memphis friends...
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!
ReplyDelete