
outside of the bunker
IRIS - the artist that will use the space for her exhibitions
BEFORE (lighting is terrible at this point)
putting stringers in, leveling floor (stringers and glulam treads were made in the shop at school before coming to the island)
stringers and risers in place
leveling stairs on stringers, etc. before staining wood
me, Vaclav, Mike at the opening reception for the space
finished!
I was towards the end more involved with the stair design for an interior gallery space on the island. Iris, a photographer on the island, is taking an old storage bunker and using it to display her work. There is a 145 cm drop into the space and we designed a stair to walk down and sit on for her space to fill this drop off. Aside from anything else that went on during this semester, this project alone is one of the coolest things I have done so far. I believe in this space and think the stair made it even more beautiful than it already was. I loved every minute of it and every bruise, splinter, cut, late night, was worth it!

It is sooo cool to see it up here...it really means we did it...YEAH (cue scene of all four of us jumping in the air)
ReplyDelete