Final review for the Sanctuary of Silence is over! It feels nice to have one project down, even though the next few days will be a scramble to get everything ready for the building of benches and stairs on the island. Peter MacKeith, Robert McCarter, and Kathryn Dean flew in from St. Louis to review us, as well as Finnish architecture Juha Leiviska, Jenni Reuter, Ville Hara, and Teemu Kurkela. Some of my boards are below and a couple of sketches from the primary images portion of the project. Anyway, I am ready to come home... less than 2 weeks and I am back in the US. I will post more about the design / build when it's finished. (Right now I might have some negative things to say but hopefully once it's actually built we will have a sense of accomplishment and pride in our work.)
PS- it's FINALLY warm here and it is SO BEAUTIFUL! also, it is light until 10:45pm and the sun starts rising again around 3:30am.
jordy! thanks so much for your sweet comment on our blog. i LOVE that I can see what you're working on here. i will have to keep checking back. i miss you so!
ReplyDelete